Thursday, May 27, 2010

Information Overload

Advancements in technology are moving faster than the memory capacity.

By: The Bizz

I was on Twitter the other day and wanted to post a tweet. I rarely do this due to the fact that I really don't like Twitter (other from receiving interesting information). So, being that it was that one blue moon where I actually had something that would potentially be of need to society, the server was overloaded. What the hell? What's up with this?

It is interesting to see which direction social networking will go. If Twitter is running into a problem this early in its creation, what will happen in the future to the site? These are drastic to what the site has been created to do. But just imagining all the people who rely on Twitter to pass information along as either for a job or communicating with others. You're whole server might or might not be working. We live in a world that is so obsessed with being connected at all times that information overload is blasphemy.

I remember when computers still used dial-up. Literally, I would click a link, go upstairs to the kitchen, make myself a sandwich, and return to my page being half-way loaded. This was typical for pretty much every average person. As time and technology pass, new and greatly improved products move so fast, your find what you want in seconds. To think, after I finish writing this blog, 5 seconds later it will be there for everyone to see.

That all being said, do you ever think there will come a time when there will no longer be available space to save data? If so, how would we live? How would computers function? Just because we couldn't handle the amount and size of files. Life itself would change for every person.

I think it's interesting to think if everything electronic failed, we would all be back in the stone ages. Sadly, a lot of people do not know how to survive without a microwave. In effect, our whole world would be turned to an interesting type of anarchy. A form to which would have to be governed by certain areas. The idea of a national government would struggle to survive amidst the chaos.

So what am I getting at? Well, this topic is rather hypothetical, but read between the lines: Enjoy the little things that make the world turn. Be happy that there is a light that tells you when to drive and when not to. Be thankful that we live in a society where living really isn't that difficult.

This is the Bizz, serving you a hot plate of thoughts this early Thursday, May 27th, 2010. Catch y'all on the flipside.

No comments:

Post a Comment