I met a man; a very happy man. He was almost so happy, I despised him. I asked him why he had such a big smile on his face. He told me that he was free. Puzzled, I asked, "What do you mean?" He said, "Brotha, I am free from repeating my past and am consciously choosing to be happy." Still confused, I sat an pondered his statement. I took a good look at myself and realized that I have been a slave to my past.
You know, hindsight gives us lots of lessons on life; some good and bad. The key is if you aren't so self-absorbed, you can prevent a life full of regret. A lot of people walk around shouldering their anger, guilt, shame, etc. What good can come out of this? Nothing.
We all have pasts we're not proud of. We all have things that are best left in the past. The true make of a person is not the sin we commit, but the actions we take after them. See, you are responsible for the things you do, but you have to move past them. Your past has happened and it is done with. The future is what you need to look after.
It's funny how we can change so much in just one year. You look back to what you believe then and now and you can find major differences. I can say that in my experience, I've learned a lot and feel less naive about whats happening around me. I also feel that as time goes on, our innocence is lost little by little. The older we get, the more bitter we become. As time goes on, we need to let go of those negative things that haunt us.
Ask yourself this: Is it worth carrying all the junk of your past around? In order to get past what we've done, we need to change what we do. We need to rise up past what we're been labeled or stereotyped. What am I trying to say? Don't imprison yourself to your past. Move past it. The healing process of ourselves begins with letting go. Also, happiness is a choice. You can either be happy or be something else. No one has the power to make you be joyful or melancholy. You have the ultimate choice for you what you do.
This is the Bizz, serving you a hot plate of thoughts on this awesome June 9th, 2010. I'll catch y'all on the flipside.
No comments:
Post a Comment